Do you want to buy a new HVAC system this year (January, 2018)? There are several things to consider. Systems are given ratings by how effectively they can cool or heat an area. You are wise to err on the side of a bigger unit rather than a bit too small.
- Know what work you need before you hire a contractor. It will be difficult for an HVAC contractor to provide you with an estimate over the phone if they have not seen your current system. It will be difficult for him to assist you if they can’t figure out what they need to do.
- Turn off outdoor condenser units when the weather gets cold. This means that you should turn it off to prevent damage if the temperature drops below 60┬║F to avoid damage. This simple tip will help keep your system working for many years and save you a lot on repairs.
- Never let your home get dangerously hot temperature. An air conditioning unit is only able to reduce the temperature of your home approximately twenty degrees in a fair time. If your home gets above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, it will only reduce it to 80 or more. This won’t be a safe and comfortable temperature for you to sleep in.
- Research and check the companies before hiring them. Check with different references to determine the BBB and online reviews as well. These simple steps are going to help to ensure your decision is a wise one. Companies with proven track records that can help you decide if they’re worth your money and time. Hiring a newer contractor comes with an element of risk.
- If your HVAC system is producing any type of clicking sounds, look for an obstruction. Often the issue is some sort of debris hitting fans in your cooling system. Look before you call up a technician. Make certain they are tightly sealed so air can’t seep in. You can hire a professional to test them.
Lastly, to be comfortable at home it is very important that your HVAC system performs properly. If you do not maintain it properly, you may find that it breaks down. Remember these hints to keep your HVAC system operating at it’s maximum efficiency.
Sigma Air Conditioning NYC is proud to be have been servicing the Greater New York City area for over 25 years. Our team of experts is here to work with you to meet all your air conditioning needs. We provide air conditioning service, sales, and will install your new air conditioning if you require it.
Contact us now at 📞646-727-9322