Purchasing a PTAC system, Simple guide to help you make the purchase?
How do you know what type of system you should buy? What size do you purchase? What sort of features will you want? It can be overwhelming to shop with so many new products and innovations in 2018.
Know the name and type of system you currently have before calling someone to fix it. This will help you give the contractor you hire has all the necessary information he may need. Know what work you need before you select an HVAC contractor. It will be hard for an HVAC contractor to provide you a price estimate on the phone without knowing what your current setup is. It will be way harder if you don’t know what’s wrong. Click here to help finding which unit you may have
- Turn the power off first so nothing moves. Next, pop off the grill, put the blades out and start to gently clean them along with the unit.
- Lubricate your fan condenser once a year. You can easily find the ports have a rubber or metal cap. Use a lightweight, and put 10 drops or fewer in each port.
- Turn off outdoor condenser units when weather gets cold. This means that you should be done when the weather falls under 60 degrees Farenheit. This can keep your system working well throughout the years and save you a lot on repairs.
- Install a programmable thermostat to save money on cooling your home. Some of these thermostats can even be controlled from your smart phone or other device. Ask our team about the Nest thermostat.
- During your service visit, they will inspect the motor of the system, oil the unit’s moving parts and ensure the unit has proper Freon levels. These simple things will help keep your PTAC system running smoothly.
Air conditioners tend to ice up. The drain line may also freeze over. If this happens, switch the thermostat in your home to fan only so the compressor is disabled. If this doesn’t work, call Sigma Air Conditioning for help.
Look for calculators online to help you determine the size of unit you need for your room or home. Look at the manual or on the manufacturer website for air conditioners.
There are many sites that let customers share their experiences with different services. This is an awesome way to find contractors that you are interested in dealing with as well as those that you want to avoid.
Contractors charge different rates, so make sure to get multiple quotes. You can save tons of money when you call different companies for price quotes. You should try to contact 5 to 6 contractors to determine what reasonable rates are.
Figure out the direction your home faces in order to make your PTAC system can work better. The less your home is heated, the easier time the air conditioner in your home will have.
It can be a little confusing at first; choosing a PTAC system, but tips like these should clear the air. After reading the above article, however, you now have expert advice on how you can go about doing just that. Use these suggestions to ensure your unit is running at peak efficiency.
Sigma Air Conditioning NYC is proud to be have been servicing the Greater New York City area for over 25 years. Our team of experts is here to work with you to meet all your air conditioning needs. We provide air conditioning service, sales, and will install your new air conditioning if you require it.
Contact us now at 📞646-727-9322