What You Should Know Before You Begin:
Coming home to a hot or cold house due to a broken HVAC unit is not fun at all. The following advice will assist you in this process.
If your HVAC is giving you problems, do a tour of your apartment before you call in help. This will help the contractor determine where the problem is and how to go about fixing it.
- Clean any debris that accumulates on your condenser units. Debris can pile up at rates that increase during rainy or windy weather, bringing potential damage with it. It will damage the system to malfunction by overheating.
- During your service visit, they will inspect the motor of the system, oil the moving parts and check the freon levels in the system. These easy to do things will keep your system to run its best.
- Companies that are around awhile have track records that can help you decide if they’re worth your money and time. Hiring a new contractor who is just starting out can be risky.
- Ask your friends and family for contractor recommendations. People who have been happy with work they have had great service are normally more than happy to recommend their contractors. This will also be used to see who you know which companies to stay away from.
- Think about having a radiant barrier in your attic so support the efficient functioning of your HVAC system. It blocks outside heat from coming in which will make sure you won’t have to use more energy to keep your home and the outside. You could even find that you can use your attic as part of your living space if it is done right.
These suggestions will assist you in maintaining your system. It is not desirable coming home to find that the vents have no air coming from them. The financial aspects of repair can be intimidating. By using the above information, you can prevent this from happening. Keep these tips in mind as you perform regular maintenance on your HVAC system.
Sigma Air Conditioning NYC is proud to be have been servicing the Greater New York City area for over 25 years. Our team of experts is here to work with you to meet all your air conditioning needs. We provide air conditioning service, sales, and will install your new air conditioning if you require it.
Contact us now at 📞646-727-9322